Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday

Day 2 of my diet went well! I am going to dinner at Kona Grill with some friends from graduate school tonight and I hope I can stick to my low-carb eating. I have never been there but from looking at the menu, there isn't a lot for me to choose from unless I want a very expensive steak, so we shall see! Even the salads didn't look like great low-carb choices.

I had a day full of meetings today - 4 IEP meetings scheduled throughout the day. Only 2 of the parents actually showed up, so I wasted a lot of time!! I know things come up and people forget, but good lawd that causes me a lot of unnecessary problems later!! I didn't get to see any of my students today, but should have time to get to a lot of them tomorrow. I have 2 Why Try groups to do tomorrow and got tired of waiting for permission slips to come back, so I called some parents today! It's not always easy to get phone numbers and some of the kids don't have phones, but I got in touch with most of them. The principal is going to do "home visits" if I need her to so that we can get the kids in the program! I really love the support I get from the teachers and administration at that school!

Somehow, I really have nothing to say, so that's it for now!!! Have a great night!

Photobucket

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope you enjoy your dinner with friends tonight. Hope the place is good and you find something you like to eat.

I know that's frustrating planning your day then things not going the way they should. Hopefully these meetings will occur soon so that everyone will be on the same page where the kids are involved.

Glad you have such good support with the other educators. Makes your job more enjoyable and easier in some aspects.

Have a good night.

Nonnas News said...

Sounds like a nice evening with your friends!

Take care and have a nice day tomorrow!

MBKimmy said...

Those are the same parents that question why is their child a "bad" child ... um yeah!

Hope you have a great dinner!

PS I am ready for JP's address - I am back to work full time next monday!

Michelle said...

Hope you have a great evening with your friends.

Laura said...

Well, what was on the menu? Anything good? Did Walter "fudge" while you were gone since he was on his own for dinner?! I couldn't trust my husband with a diet!

Mere said...

Good for you! Stay on them!! Have fun with your friends! I don't get parents like that...they should atleast pick up their phone and call...but things do happen...it's no excuse though! Having the support of your administrators really helps!

Love, Mere

CaraBee said...

Hope you had a wonderful evening out!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great dinner.

With a kid on an IEP, I am having a hard time wrapping my mind over the fact parents didn't show up. You put a kid on an IEP for a reason to help them out in school the best way you know how. Why wouldn't you make sure you are there. What a waste for the staff.

Rhonda said...

I have two kids with IEP's and I cannot imagine just flaking on the meetings! I want accomodations and help with my boys...I'd never miss it! Sorry parents can be so inconsiderate at times!

tiki_lady said...

you are doing great with your diet! keep it up hottie!

Linda said...

Good luck with the diet. My biggest problem is Mt. Dew...For years I never touched any pop. I needed an energy boost one day at work, and that's all it took..I'm hooked.

I actually planned on giving myself the rest of this week, then I'm quitting cold turkey..Ugh!

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a Great day!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Have fun tonight! I hated sitting in on IEP when I worked at school! So of those parents were just crazy! Thanks for sharing -- Much Love!

Anonymous said...

It is nice to hear someone talk so lovingly about the children with whom they work. Sounds like you have a real heart committment to your job.

Nik said...

All I can say is WOW. It's such a shame there are parents in this world that aren't involved with thier kids. Especially when they need help. I guess that's part of the reason they need the help is because the parents aren't involved. I know how long the IEP meetings can get too.

Have a good dinner tonight!

Kelley said...

Parents always seemed to be the most frustrating part of my job! And the teachers weren't far behind. It's amazing how difficult it can be to get them on board sometimes.

I hope you have a nice dinner!

tiki_lady said...

love tht you are losing weight with such little effort. Good behavior with motivation always work!

Frizzy said...

I learned of some great programs that your son might be elidgeable for. I need your personal email so I can discuss them freely with you. Want to respect your privacy and his. email me at
snhoffman2002@yahoo.com
I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of the programs I learned about will help you help your son.

Frizzy said...

I learned of some great programs that your son might be elidgeable for. I need your personal email so I can discuss them freely with you. Want to respect your privacy and his. email me at
snhoffman2002@yahoo.com
I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of the programs I learned about will help you help your son.