I received this award from Ronda at Ronda's Rants and I am so honored!! I have eyed this little beauty on other blogs and have never received it myself!! Now she's mine!!! All mine!!! Thank you so much Ronda!!! I am going to nominate 5 people for it who have award winning blogs!!! 1. Dawn at Dawn's Diversions - Dawn and I have a lot in common (just start with our names and you'll see what I mean) and I learned about the PRIZE I just won from her blog, so her blog deserves my latest award too!!
2. Renie at Renie Burghardt's World - I love reading Renie's blog and seeing the beautiful pictures of her grandchildren!
3. Frizzy at Heaven's Gift - Frizzy has a great blog and always shares pictures of her beautiful daughter and the fun they have!
4. Tracy at The Journey - this blog is very uplifting and wonderful to read! Also, lots of great pictures!
5. Ronnica at Tale of a Kansas Girl - I really enjoy this blog and the deep thinking that goes into many of her posts. It challenges me to think!
And next, I won an awesome prize in a contest from Christine at Mommy Madness today!!! Yay!!! I am so excited to have won something!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Christine!!! My grandson, Landen, will LOVE the webkin!!!! I will share the rest with my sweet little niece, Daphne!
And next, I won an awesome prize in a contest from Christine at Mommy Madness today!!! Yay!!! I am so excited to have won something!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Christine!!! My grandson, Landen, will LOVE the webkin!!!! I will share the rest with my sweet little niece, Daphne!
We ended up going to lunch at Kevin's Seafood Restaurant instead of Hilltop yesterday since it was less crowded. I had a ribeye and some veggies and stuck to my diet! We both did good today too, so hopefully we'll lose some more weight this week. I had a low carb Slim Fast for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and oddly enough, I wanted a bacon & cheese omelet when I got home tonight. Several people asked for the low-carb meatloaf recipe that I found:
Low-carb Meatloaf:
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (or try 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground pork)
1 cup pork rind crumbs
1 egg 1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
** I added a mixture of tomato sauce, splenda, & worchester sauce to the top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients (except the mixture I added at the end). Shape into a firm oval loaf in shallow baking pan. Bake for 50 minutes. Add mixture to the tope and bake for 10 more minutes. Makes 6 servings - 2.5 carbs per serving (not counting my mixture on top.). There will be a lot of fat after it is cooked. You can drain it off or let the meatloaf sit and soak it up. It is drier if you drain it off.
Cameron would normally go back to his dad's after school today for a week, but his dad is out of town and will pick him up tomorrow after school. It ended up that today was Cameron's first driving day of driver's ed, so he was gone from 3 - 6 and drove to Hammond, which is a town about 45 minutes from here!! He was nervous before he went, but afterwards he said it was easy and that he enjoyed it. I'm glad someone else is brave enough to take first time drivers out in cars! Yikes!
The river is finally opened again since the hurricanes. We haven't seen boats on the river in weeks, so it was nice to see some out this weekend. The water is still nasty looking, but it's gone back down to normal levels and hopefully, life as usual will resume before we know it.




26 comments:
Congratulations on your award and prizes. I'm sure the kids will love that stuff especially the Webkinz. The kids both have one here and love them. They get online and play the games to get points.
Thanks for posting the meat loaf recipe. I will try to make it sometime soon. Glad lunch was good yesterday. Sounds like you're both doing well on the diet. Keep up the good work.
That's odd Cameron went so far for Driver's Ed. I think I would have been nervous about that. Hope he did well though. He'll be out on the roads before we know it full time.
Glad your group went well today. I'm sure it's easier to get more accomplished with smaller groups. I hope the kids will continue to like it.
Thanks! I'm glad my posts are challenging...they challenge me, too! I enjoy your blog as well.
Girl, you covered a lot of ground in this post!
Thank you for nominating me for the award. It is very thoughtful of you!
I'm so happy you won Christine's prize! One of these days I'm gonna win a give away! LOL
Congrats on your award and you prize -- I always love those! Thanks for wanting to be my guinea bee. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love --
Congrats on your awards! That is so cool sista! That meatloaf sounds yummy!
Wow Cameron drove a long way at driver's ed. I'm like you...I wouldn't want that job! LOL
Congratulations on your award and winning the giveaway! It's your lucky day!! You deserve it!!
Congrats on your award. It is much deserved.
That is cool about your awards. Congrats!! That is great about the river that people are on it again and glad your class went well!
Dawn, you are so sweet! Thank you for such an honor!
I am glad to see you are getting back into a routine. It is so hard when everything is a kilter.
Congratulations on winning both the award and the prizes. You are one great girl. I enjoy when you come to visit me and visiting you also.
Hope things continue to improve for all of you down there.
My cousin sent me some Ike pictures from Texas where she lives. It is so hard to imagine. Seeing the pictures still does not tell the whole story, I am sure.
Wow! Congrats to you! Looks like you won all around. I'll have to check out your nominees.
CONGRATS ON THE AWARD...YOU TOTALLY DESERVE EVERY AWARD YOU GET :) Yeah Cameron!! Driving is FUN :) AND CONGRATS ON YOUR PRIZE!! Keep up the GREAT work on the diet!!
Love, Mere
Congratulations on your win. Isn't it great to win prizes online? It almost feels like winning the lottery. Except without the money. Okay, it is nothing like winning the lottery. But congratulations anyway - nice award too.
Thank you so much for this award. Do you know what it stands for? Just curious. I too have seen it on other's blogs and wondered what special thing they did to receive it. I am very honored that you thought to pass it on to me. I'll pass it on in the next day or so. Big crazy few days ahead. Thanks for the recipe by the way.
It's your lucky day again! Stop by, I have an award for you too!!
CONGRAT'S DAWN!!!!!! I have to get your goods to you...contact me somehow to get your info!!
Sort of in a rush but will come back later to read more :)
Check you out with all those awards!
Congrats on your newest addition!
Congrats!!
Glad yall are starting to get back to normal after the hurricane.
congrats! that is a lot of bloggy goodness headed your way!
I have an award for you over at my place. Hopefully it is one you don't have yet!!
I heart meatloaf. It is not something we eat in England so when I came to America, I could not wait to try this great meatloaf I had heard so much of. I was not disappointed! I could eat it every frickin' day!
You rock, you award winning receiving, low carb eating,mustang driving, river house living, School House Rocking Lady! Way to go!
How ya doing? Eletricity...isnt it great!
Congrats on the award! My husband is a meatloafaholic, I'll definitely have to try that one out!
Dawn,
Congratulations on the beautiful award and thanks so much for passing it on to me. I will post it later this week.
Love the meat loaf recipe, and will try it as I follow a low carb diet, being a diabetic.
I enjoy reading all about your doings. Have a great day!
Hugs,
Renie
Congrats on the award. And OOOh that sounds so yummy!
Post a Comment