Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Worryless Wednesday

JP called last night and is doing fine!! Yay!! He said they were only out of power for 6 hours and out of phone service until yesterday. I'm surprised they got power back so fast, but even without it the jails have generators to keep the lights on, but no a/c. I guess you want to get the power back on fast when you have 4,000 inmates in each of your buildings. He sounded good and was happy to hear that my friend, Lesley, and I are planning an October road trip to visit him. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, support, and prayers!! Having a child in jail is a tough thing to have to go through, but having support makes it easier, even if it's just having someone to listen or ask how things are once in awhile!

The steak restaurant that Cameron picked for his birthday was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I say "was" because we talked him out of it!! It can get so expensive there and he has never been there before, so we asked him if he was really set on going there and he said no, that Las Palmas would be good too! So yeah, we will take the boys there this weekend and try to get my step-son, Sean, & his girlfriend to come too since we haven't taken Sean to eat for his birthday. Sean's birthday was in August, but we haven't seen him lately. He didn't get a birthday present since he didn't pay us back for getting him home from Thailand last year when he went there alone for several months with no money just cause he wanted to. But that's a post for another day!

Walter & I both weighed this morning and after 2 days of dieting, I lost 4 lbs. and he lost 3 lbs.!! We were both very excited. It was hard resisting our nighttime snacking last night, but we both had some sugar free jello and did fine. My friend, Chelle, asked about my stir fried pork chops. Really, I'm not much of a cook and totally uncreative, but here's what I did. I sauteed a cut up onion & bellpepper in olive oil, then cut pork chops into bite size pieces and threw that in to cook once the veggies were tender. I put some salt & season-all and ate some of it in a low carb wrap and some just like it was. It came out good, but was certainly nothing special. Tonight, I cooked a roast in the crock pot again since we both like that and Cameron will eat it too. Cameron wont eat rice, so I just didn't cook any at all. We can put some roast beef in a low carb wrap or just eat the roast (with onions & mushrooms) by itself. And no, we did not make it to work out!! Walter was very uninterested and I was barely interested, so it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure he has a board meeting tonight for the homeowner's association and tomorrow night is steak night, so yeah, I don't see working out in our near future. And for anyone who remembers (or cares), we did win the small claims suit against the crazy neighbor who wont pay his homeowners dues (which are $80/year), so if he still doesn't pay, our Constable is planning to seize a piece of his property and auction it off at a sheriff's sale. I think it would be pretty funny if they seized his boat and we bought it and all cruised past his house in it! That's really funny if you remember the post about him yelling, cursing, and staring at us when we passed by his house in our boat! Ok, well, anyway...

I got the 2nd book in today of the Twilight series, New Moon. I am anxious to start reading it tonight!! It is another big one, like Twilight and has about 560 pages. I'm sure work will interfere with my reading, so it may take me more than 2 days to read it!!

Speaking of work, today was really busy. I am trying to set up a few meetings that have me running in circles. It's important to note that I have NEVER set up meetings or led meetings before. I am the type of person who will figure it out as I go, but I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew lately!!

I am excited about the "my favorite things" swap that I participated in!! I mailed my package off to my swap partner & new friend, Marla this morning and can't wait to get a package from her! I am so excited just to get mail, so the things inside are just a bonus!!! I just realized when I re-read the page that I was supposed to WRAP the items that I sent! DOH!!! I'm sorry Marla!!! Please forgive me!

My supervisor sent me this link to an incredibley inspiring video! It's 8 minutes long, but you should watch it!! It's awesome!!! http://www.webertube.com/mediadetails.php?key=fb8f1eda792ae6471f8f

Alrighty then, that's all I've got for today! I'm off to read some blogs and then dive into my new book!!



26 comments:

Laura said...

Dawn + Drama = Hilarious!

Girl, you are too funny with your stories! From fam to the neighbors...it's a riot!

Glad to hear your son is okay!

Amy said...

I've participated in the swap too, and I can't wait to see what I get.

congrats on the weightloss :D

Unknown said...

Yay for JP calling! I would have been so worried too. It sounds like Houston got hit pretty hard by Ike.

Have fun eating out this weekend...and huh you'll have to tell me the story about Sean when you have time!? That sounds really crazy!!

I'm excited for y'all losing weight already. I wish I could stick to that diet. I always cheat after the 1st day or two. LOL

Rhonda said...

I'm so glad you got to speak with your son. I can't imagine the heartache that him being in that position brings to you.

That'd be HILARIOUS to cruise by your neighbor on HIS boat. he he Those are the ironic moments that I live for!

Work is DEFINITELY going to interfere with your book! Trust me on that one. One good thing about being wayyy into a book: you're mind is focused on things other than snacking! (at least it helps me!)

Also, I just wanted to say, as a mom to 3 teens, I think it's awesome that you work with these kids and try to help them. Being a teenager is SO difficult these days...heck, being an ADULT is too!

B. said...

Glad to hear that your son is fine! I knew he would be....sturdy building.... but it is always good to hear from them too!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you finally heard from JP. I know your mind is at ease now. Glad he's doing well and looking forward to you and Lesley going to visit him.

I'm sorry, but I cracked up when I read that about Sean. Just up and went to Thailand.

On the boat, if you get it, Wizard should paint Karma on it LOL

Those meetings sound complicated as far as getting them together. There IS so much red tape just to meet with people where kids are concerned these days. My friend Kim has been going through alot with Isabella the past few weeks as far as school is concerned. I hope you get all that figured out.

Enjoy your new book. I have noticed too that alot of people are reading it. I'm looking forward to getting the one I ordered from Amazon in the mail.

Thanks for the recipe. I'll try that next time I buy pork chops. I'm always looking for new ways to cook things like that.

Have a good night blogging and reading.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Glad to hear you son is ok. Loved the story of the boat sounds like something I would do. Much Love

MediMonsters said...

Glad you heard from your son. I am still working on the Twilight book, I just don't have time to read. What I did read was during the hurricanes. Congrats on your weight loss. Sorry about your crazy neighbors.

Tam said...

Glad Glad you heard from JP! AHHHHHHHHH TWILIGHT SERIES AHHHHHH

EDWARD....AHHHHH Delish Edward heheh

HEY I had pot roast tonite tooo!!!!

BBB said...

That video made me completely break down......

BBB said...

Oh - and I'm SO glad JP is okay... I know that is SUCH a relief for you.

Michelle said...

Just watched the video you posted. What a neat kid! I know he'll go far in life for sure! I'm going to show this to the kids.

Unknown said...

Enjoy the book! I went thru the first three in the Twilight series in 4 days. I was deeply into those books.

Karen said...

So glad JP is doing well. Congratulations on losing more than Walter. It seems like it never works that way around here.

Oh, I love the Twilight series. New Moon was the hardest one for me to read. It's a bit painful. I won't spoil it for you though. It was so easy for me to get sucked in to the world Stephenie Meyers created.

Anonymous said...

Nice relief for you to get the call from JP. Glad to hear he is doing ok.

WTG on the diet.

Nik said...

I'm so glad you got to talk to JP. When hurricanes and weather comes rolling in - I get so wrapped up in thinking of homes, hospitals and businesses that I never even think of prisons as a factor but you're right. I can't imagine the amount of planning that goes into keeping everyone safe during trying times.

CONGRATS on the weight loss! YOU GO GIRL!

Good luck on your meetings too - I'm sure you'll do wonderful and if you flub up here or there, just remember to come back home and blog about it o;>

Kelley said...

I think that if you like the Twilight books you'd probably like the Harry Potter books. I'm not reading Twilight, but Andrew and I have gotten into the new HBO show about Vampires.

I'm glad you heard from JP, I know that you must be feeling better.

Good job with the diet!!

taratoons said...

Hi Dawn! I am so glad that JP got a chance to call you and let you know that he is alright. What a relief!! I totally can relate with working out. I am also trying to loose some weight. I just bought an elliptical and haven't used it much. I'm LAZY!!! :) I hope you get your meetings all lined up today... what a chore!!

Frizzy said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Your son continues to be in my prayers and I'm thankful to hear he's ok. Can I come along for steak night please?

Breanne said...

Yeah - how great he is ok. Another yeah for the weightloss. That is wonderful. Will go check out the video.

Leslie said...

I'm glad that you talked to your son, that must be a huge relief. Hope you enjoy the books as much as I did. I went through all 4 in 1 week and 3 days. Awesome reads!

Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear all is well with your son.

CaraBee said...

Wow, busy day. Glad to hear JP is okay, I can't imagine how hard that whole situation must be, and especially when something like this happens. Congrats on the weight loss! I need to lose 40 pounds by October 3rd, any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your son is good and I hope that you have a great visit with him in October. Yeah, can you imagine the power being off and those electronic gates opening....eek!

Jenn said...

i am glad to hear JP is doing OK and that you finally heard from him. That must have been a nerve racking few days.

Rene said...

Hi! We ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse last night and I thought of you! You will love, love, love New Moon! I've started re-reading all the books because I feel like I just flew through them the first time because I just had to know how the story ended! Looking forward to the movie!