Thursday, October 23, 2008

What night is it????

Say it with me now!!! It's STEAK NIGHT!!!! Yay!!! I have eaten out entirely too much this week, but that will not stop me from going to steak night tonight!!! We will be going with Cathy and Brent, as usual. It is always nice to see them and unwind from a busy week. Sometimes thinking about steak night is what actually gets me through the week!!

Back in July, I temporarily lost my mind and allowed my friend's 3 children & her sister to spend the night at our house - you may remember this! Why in the world would I agree to do this at all, you may ask!?! My best friend, Dana & I have been friends for 25 years. We've been together through the worst of the worst and the best of the best. She has 6 kids who i've known most of their lives. I babysat the oldest 3 when they were little. Once they got older, Amy (the oldest) babysat for Cameron when he was little. Then when Amy had kids (3 in 4 years), I helped her out a lot and became very attached to her kids. The problem is that Amy's 3 kids don't listen very well and fight non-stop, so it isn't really all that fun to have them over now that they're older, and well, I just don't! It isn't fun, so I choose not to do it. Over the summer, Dana's youngest daughter, Emily (14) was visiting Amy and asked to come spend the night. Dana & her younger kids live in Kentucky now, so I don't see them often, so I agreed and let all 4 of them (Emily + Amy's 3) spend the night, and what a night. Emily was great, but the rest were not. I don't know why they'd want to come over just for me to fuss at them. I told the 3 little ones that they were not coming back until they wrote an essay telling me why things would be different next time! So, Payton (8 y/o - the oldest) emailed me his "essay" and asked to come spend the night tomorrow night. Amy says it's been written on his calendar for 3 weeks that he's coming to spend the night, so I agreed that JUST he could come and invited Landen to come too. Landen (my grandson) gets VERY jealous if Payton comes here without him, and they get along good, so we'll have a fun time. Payton is coming Friday afternoon and leaving Saturday around lunch, so it will be a short visit. Here is his "essay:"

Dawn,
I am going To be good because
I have improved and the Girls
Will not be there.! :o)
Thanks,
Payton

Also, it seems that my brother, Kenny, will be coming to town from Atlanta for the LSU/Georgia game this weekend. He is supposed to stop by and visit on his way into Baton Rouge. Too bad he isn't bringing my cute little niece with him!! I have offered to babysit any time, but I think my sister-in-law and Daphne are going to visit her family for the weekend while Kenny is here.


It really is looking like JP's trial will start on December 1st. I'm relieved to have it happen, but scared to know that the outcome is our reality. I'm pretty anxious about it, but I turned this over to God many, many months ago and I am trusting Him to work His will with JP's life. It's just scary to know after all this time. The lowest offer the DA has and will give him is 40 years, and honestly, JP was really in the wrong place at the wrong time and became involved in his friend's murder. However, living the life style that he had chosen, this or his own death was inevitable, so I believe that God saved his life during this tragedy and did it for a reason. JP's life has a purpose and we are about to find out which direction it will go. His attorney has put the case on the docket for pre-trial motions, which she has never done before, so that tells me a lot there. She has also said that it will not be reset this time. The co-defendant's trial was scheduled to start today, but he had to change attorneys, so I found out this afternoon that it was reset again. If it had started, I would have to find someone to BE in that court room on Friday! Yikes! My sister and nephew were going to try to go, but fortunately it has been reset until 11/06.

Ok, so, my brain is on overload from work today, so i'm headed off to enjoy my steak and maybe a margarita!!! Have a nice night!

Photobucket

16 comments:

MBKimmy said...

I hope that your steak dinner is wonderful!
So glad that JP's trial is set for December he may be home for Christmas?! How wonderful! Working on my second letter to him!
NIGHT NIGHT

Aunt Julie said...

Have you tried Pop'rs on your steak yet? Interested to know how it's goin', you Grand Prize Winner, you!

Jenn said...

it all sounds good! Steak Yummy. We had chilli tonight over rice! I was cold and that fit my mood. Hope all goes well for JP in december.

tiki_lady said...

good news all around! Steak is always a good thing. Trial date is even better and it sounds like you will hve a good sleep over. his letter was cute.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I love me some steak! Also wanted to let you know I'm keeping your son in my prayers.


Much Love
Anissa

Unknown said...

The letter from Payton is too cute. At least he is honest! LOL Hope your steak was good tonight!

I'm so glad that JP's trial is finally going to happen! Thanks for the e-mail today. You're the bestest friend! :-)

Unknown said...

I love the "essay" from Peyton and I hope that the steak was great. I am sure that it was.

Betty said...

Steak sounds good!

jUst stopped by to tell you thank you for your comment on my blog yesterday!

~Trish~ said...

Ohhh how was the margarita? Notice that is what I focused in on through out your whole blog? LOL

Amy said...

It's always a wonder how they can swear to behave but when it comes down to it, it never happens. My girls are just like that :D

BBB said...

I want some steak...

ANd I'm praying for JP... and you

Anonymous said...

Steak does sound good, hope your evening out was wonderful.

Keeping JP in my thoughts and things will work out. There is a plan for him, just need to wait and see. Which is hard sometimes to have to let it be.

Mere said...

Hey love! You TOTALLY deserved your steak night! You have so much going on...Cute essay,btw! I'm keeping you in my prayers...keep us updated!!

Love, Mere

Aunt Julie said...

BTW, don't forget that we're starting a Great New Pop'rs Halloween Giveaway at my place today...22 different, fun prizes. And Previous Winners are eligible, too! Come play, today!

Blog Stalker said...

Good luck with the kiddos.

Glad they changed the date so it works better for you.

Enjoy the steak!

Michelle said...

What a cute essay. I wouldn't be able to turn him down with that one. I hope they have fun.

I know you're glad JP's trial is finally set. The waiting is what's so frustrating.

Have a good weekend.