Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday

Our nice but nosy neighbor, Leon, has been wanting to give us some plants out of his yard. When I say has been wanting, what I really mean is has been aggravating us to death about it for several months. Walter did some landscaping this weekend and went to dig up some plants that Leon has been telling him about. He calls them "Stegaponds" so we weren't all that sure what he was talking about. After going over and getting a good look at them, Walter realized what Leon is trying to say is "Sago Palms." He doesn't want them anymore and doesn't want to throw them away, so we are planting them in our front yard and are now forced to call them "Stegaponds." But they do look nice and we appreciate the kind gesture of giving us the Stegaponds.



I also made myself useful and washed my car. Isn't she beautiful?

We went to eat bbq'd hamburgers at Brent & Cathy's last night and then came home to wind down before starting another busy week. Cameron came back from his dad's today and then I had my social work supervision in Baton Rouge after work that lasts until 5pm, which means I didn't get home until 6pm. I really do enjoy the supervision sessions though, so it's worth the headache of going after work. I also realize how lucky I am to get off of work at 2:30 every day, so getting home twice a month at 6pm isn't all that bad.

I'm also starting to firm up my plans for JP's trial, since it does seem to be starting on December 1st after 18 months of waiting and wondering. The first day will be for jury selection, so we will work that day and head for Houston that evening. Most of my family is going, which makes me extremely happy. The jury needs to see that JP has support. My friend, Lesley is planning to go if she is able to, as well as one of my sister-in-laws who has been writing to JP and has bonded with him. It happens that the week that the trial is scheduled is a week that Cameron is at his dad's anyway, so that works out conveniently. His dad will willingly keep him extra days now, but for many years he refused to keep him any day that he wasn't supposed to have him. Can you imagine that? I have always wanted Cameron to be with me ANY time, no matter who he was supposed to be with and have even resorted to trickery to get him extra when he was unhappy being at his dad's house (i.e. relatives from out of town are here this weekend, etc.). But, fortunately, now he will keep him if needed, and he has agreed to keep him the following week if the trial should go that long. The attorney estimates 4 - 5 days. I have long since gotten permission to take the days off from work. My boss, supervisor, co-workers are very supportive and I really appreciate that. Now I need to ask everyone for their prayers for JP. He really is a good young man who deserves another chance, so please, pray for the best outcome for him. God is handling this for us and will appreciate hearing from you!

Photobucket

21 comments:

B. said...

Beautiful palms.... so much work to plant.... but they will last forever without much further work on your part. The kind of garden I am always on the look out for.

Dont' you just LOVE love LOVE this weather?!!!

Fall is really here!

Nonnas News said...

The palms look nice!
I will sure keep JP in my prayers! He does deserve a second chance.

MBKimmy said...

The new MEGA PALMS look great!

I will be praying for JP!

Kelley said...

I love you and I'm thinking about you always.

MediMonsters said...

The palms look great. Will be praying for JP. Hope all goes well.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Keeping him in my prayer and I also have your prayer request on my prayer blog. Hope all goes well.
Your plants look good and yes I love your car.

Much Love

Michelle said...

I love those Palm tress. Mr Leon gave y'all something pretty. Glad your day at work was good. Sounds like your weekend was a busy and fun time.

I'm so glad everyone will be there for JP's trial in December. You know if I lived closer, I would go for support. I will continue to pray for JP and your family like always.

Yes, our answers are different in that Meme we did, but I do watch some of those shows in reruns. I do watch American Idol also, just didn't have room to put it.

Have a good day tomorrow.

Jenn said...

Wow, you sure go out to eat a lot! Nice palms, great catch even if you don't care for the neighbor! And hey, having 7 ppl show up for a parenting class is pretty good. It is like having ppl show up that rsvp'd for a party! Keep up the great work.

tiki_lady said...

i love those plants! stegaponds. LOL

I wish the very best for JP! praying!

Dawn said...

Sorry I haven't commented recently. We've been under the weather. Blech!

I hope everything goes well with the trial. I will definitely being praying. :)

The palms are beautiful! So is the car! :)

Rhonda said...

Sendin' some prayers up. I hope for the best!

Nice palms...err whatever neighbor guy calls em! Im not good with plants...unforunately I kill everything that's green. :(

Tam said...

Stalked over to say HI real quick. I have lots of catching up to do on your blog and hopefully will get to it this week! I have been in FLorida...only 2 hours away but I am BACK HOME now...LOL LOL LOL

Unknown said...

I will keep praying for JP! Walter did a great job with the plants! I'm so not a plant person either, they look beautiful!

Frizzy said...

My prayers continue to be with your son. Did anything come of the info I gave y'all to pursue as an alternative for him?

The yard and car are so pretty!

Laura said...

Your yard looks great!! I'll be praying for JP.

Amy said...

I love your car! My favorite color is red :D

Breanne said...

They look great... I wil be praying for the trial. Keep us updated as it goes.

Sometimes Sophia said...

The Stegaponds look spectacular. Also, wishing/praying for positive outcome for JP.

Blog Stalker said...

First off, great price on the new palms.....guess you can call em whatever he wants. lol

second......I think it is greqat how supportive you are with JP. So many who make mistakes end up alone and friendless. YOu are a great mom to him. I think it WILL be good for the jury to see you there.

Have a great day!

Mere said...

My sweet Dawn! The Sago Palms look awesome!! Sounds like you're still busy! I'm STILL praying for JP...that God will give him a 2nd chance and for some peace in your lives....

Love, Mere

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, my, those sago palms are lovely. Your car is snazzy, Dawn! And I will remember JP my prayers!

Hugs,

Renie