Friday, October 3, 2008

Finally Friday!!!

I am really glad that the weekend is here! I stay so busy at work lately that I need the break - mentally more than physically, I think. I usually bring stuff home every night and catch up on things, but when I left work today, I didn't bring ANYTHING home!! Yay for me!!!

Caution: STUDENT DRIVER!!!! Yes, it's true! It finally happened!! Cameron got his learner's permit today and I let him drive us home in my new Mustang!! When I took this picture, he said, "I'm pretty sure that would be considered distracting." Well, you wouldn't see me taking the picture if you were looking at the road!!!! He was nervous driving my car and I was nervous letting him, but we both handled it well. I made a few suggestions (nothing like the continuous commenting by the driver's ed teacher) and refrained from freaking out or going crazy. When we got home, he said, "You did good!!!" I had to laugh because I'm pretty sure that I should have been telling HIM that!!! And I did. Walter & I both had to renew our licenses, so we took care of that too while we were there.


The diet news is all good!!!! I lost ANOTHER pound, for a total of 6 this week!! Since MONDAY!! I only have 9 more to lose, so I'm really excited!!! I was SO good at work today when my supervisor brought cookies to our meeting! Through all the tempting, taunting, and teasing, I RESISTED!!! And then Walter, Brent, Cathy, & I went to eat at a seafood restaurant and I had a shrimp & crabmeat dinner that was really good! Cathy had dessert and I did not join her!! Walter was good, although he ate a burrito at his meeting last night, but he had the same thing I ate tonight. He has lost 5 lbs. this week, but he's starting to fuss about what he can and can't eat, so I really don't think he will stick with it much longer, but I'm trying to keep him interested!!

Walter emailed me this halloween picture yesterday and I just had to share it!!! How funny is that?? Kinda gross, but still, pretty funny! It's not fit for the eyes of innocent little children, so run them off before scrolling any further!!!

Here is a video that Molly at I Need a Martini posted that everyone should watch!! So go check it out!!! Repost it!!! And DON'T VOTE!!!!

And here is a test to see if you are addicted to the internet!!! I didn't do too bad - 48 points:20 - 49 points: You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

One of the neighbors on our street got a letter from the homeowners association because they built a structure on their lot without submitting plans to our architectural committee, which is a requirement in our neighborhood restrictions. The neighbors then got mad and went through the neighborhood restrictions looking for something to complain about. There is a section in our restrictions that says you have to landscape your yard within 30 days of moving in, and this requires having 2 tress (yes, it's mispelled by the previous board members) on the lot. Well, as you may know (or you know now), Walter is the president of our homeowners association this year and when our secretary (our friend, Cathy) and treasurer went to follow up on the complaint, guess who owns one of the houses on the street with no tress in the front yard?? Yes, Walter the president!!! So, we are about to get a letter (from ourselves, I guess) stating that we have 10 days to comply and plant some tress in the front yard. And in all honesty, the restrictions only say you have to have 2 tress on the LOT, not front yard specifically, but we do know that is what is intended, so while we have 2 tress in the back yard, we will soon be planting 2 tress in the front yard. And the tress has to be 12 feet or taller? Can you say, "who cares if people have 2 tress in their yard or not??" And yes, I'm going to keep calling them tress. This was my typical reaction when the subject was brought up today:

Cathy: I rode down the entire street to find people who are violating the restrictions by not having 2 trees on their lot.

Me: No, they don't have to have trees. They have to have tress.

Cathy: Huh?

Me: Read it again, it says tress. And I don't even know what a tresses are and mine need to be 12 feet tall.

I really crack myself up sometimes.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Sometimes Sophia said...

Yew talkin' evergrinn or decide-u-us? You're lucky it's not 24-ft. truss tress - for building bridges and such ;)

Michelle said...

I have a tress in my front yard I would gladly give you and even attempt to cut the thing down myself for you lol...now how professional is that?!! I mean really!

Yay for Cameron on the driving! Still hard to believe he's old enough to be driving yet. I know you were probably praying the whole time, please please don't hurt my baby (your car) lol

Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Having to take Jordon out for the first time, I know the nerves and the brave front.

That is great about the pounds.

and that is just a little petty about the tress. Good luck finding that 12 foot one. lol.

Frizzy said...

Oh my. We're at a stalemate with our Association as well. It has to do with a patio we added in front that ONE person on the board doesn't like. Evidently they believe the gravel, dirt, weeds and dead bushes look better than our current paver patio. (Scratching my head in confusion.)We've been told to remove it immediately. YEAH RIGHT! NOT GONNA HAPPEN! When they try to force it I'll take them to court and to the local News Station. Can you say REDICULOUS?!

Congrats to your son on his LP and to you for continued weight loss!

Ronda's Rants said...

Great Mom...while he drives you take pictures of him...That would make me a nervous wreck! He looks comfortable ...good for him!
Love the Halloween picture...too funny!

Aunt Julie said...

Dawn...Guess what? You're our Pop'rs Giveaway Grand Prize Winner! Yup, it's true! Please e-mail me with your contact info, so you can claim your prize. And drop by my place today so you can view your accolades. Congrats!

Melissa B. said...

Gotta love that Drunkin Punkin...I think I'ma gonna use it for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow, so don't forget to stop by. And, hey...congrats on winning Veggie Mom's Extravaganza. Speaking of which, I have a small "token" over at my place for you...Not as big as Pop'rs, but a heartfelt gift, nonetheless. Please drop by to pick it up!

Leslie said...

yay for Cameron! lol that you were taking pictures while he's driving! Funny pumpkin pic. WTG on the weightloss, keep it up. ;)

Renie Burghardt said...

Good for you on the weight loss! And that shrimp and crab dinner has me salivating. I love to go out to eat.

Yuck on the drunk pumpkins!

I have tons of trees around here. You can come and dig some up! lol.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Leah said...

My son is also getting his permit soon. I'm scared to death!

Ronnica said...

I don't even HAVE kids and I can't imagine riding in the car with them as they learn to drive...

Tam said...

THE HOA thing is tooo funny. MY husband just got voted in at Vice President for our HOA this year. HEHEHE.....funny HUH! HMMM maybe I will have good stories but probably not though. LOL LOL

Tam said...

THE HOA thing is tooo funny. MY husband just got voted in at Vice President for our HOA this year. HEHEHE.....funny HUH! HMMM maybe I will have good stories but probably not though. LOL LOL