Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday

I must clear up the birthday confusion! Cameron did know that his birthday was on the 16th, however, his dad told him before school Monday that it WAS the 16th, so he just assumed his father knew what he was talking about. I had to laugh at everyone's comments about how odd that he doesn't know when his birthday is!! He says that today he "kept it on the down low" and didn't mention that it was really his birthday today. He's a cool dude. He's outgrown birthday parties and all that, but we gave him some cash for his birthday and told him he can pick a place to bring a friend and we'll go to dinner this weekend. Of course, being my child, he picked an expensive steak restaurant that he's never been to, but has heard about, so we'll go this weekend. And yes, the friend is Bryce. My mom sent him a card with a check in it as she always does and it was really funny. For some unknown reason my mom has always sent my 2 nephews and my older son $25 for their birthdays, but sends Cameron $50. I have no idea why, but she always does. If you're a new reader to my blog, Cameron & his 2 best friends got into some bad trouble a few months ago - the first time they've ever been in trouble for anything. Cameron was opening the card and said "I wonder since that happened if i'm one of the bad ones and only get $25?" As soon as he said it, I realized he just might be right, and he opened the card and the check was for $25!! How funny, and how funny that he would have thought about that beforehand and been right. Crazy!

The diet went well yesterday and today. It's really easy for me to stick to once I start. I had my low-carb Slim Fast for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and will stir fry some pork chops & veggies for dinner. I didn't weigh this morning, but plan to weigh tomorrow morning. I had some comments about me not looking like I need to lose weight. I am in no way "over weight" for my height (5'9), but I do think the right weight depends on the person and how they feel about themselves. I am happy in a size 8 or 10, but right now, I need to decide if I'm going to lose 10 lbs or buy a size 12! Being tall and having extra weight only in my hips and stomach makes me look really funny, so I go back on my diet if I get up to 160. I have tried other diets, but nothing has ever worked for me except Atkins. I'm sure South Beach would be great, but their initial phase says NO RIBEYES and I can't do that, but I will probably switch over to South Beach in a couple of weeks. I like the fact that they have lunches that you can buy to make my life easier!

I had a good day at work today. I just see 1 student at one of my schools, so I went there today, then on to my busier schools. I saw several students there and then went to meet with our behavior team to look at a computerized social skills program that we want to try with some of our students. The day went by fast, so that works for me!

Decisions...decisions...do we go work out tonight or not? Sure, I know we should, but will we? Who knows!!! I am going to plan to do it, but we haven't been since BEFORE the cruise in June and it's so hard to get back over there!!!

18 comments:

ISABELLA'S PAGE said...

Go to the Gym! You'll thank yourself when you do. You can do it! Tell yourselves you're not leaving until you've done 20 minutes of the treadmill, stair master, or some cardio. This will definitely jump start your weight lose in super charge (w/Atkins). Proud of you both. Weight lose fools you be!

Frizzy said...

Go to the gym! You'll feel better about yourself and not be angry at yourself later. I am terrible about giving myself the guilt trips. I'm with Isabella. Now, if I'll only take my own advice and get off my butt!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I hate the gym but I do want to get me a treadmill. I Love to walk but never have the chance to get out and do it. Much Love

Nonnas News said...

Happy birthday to Cameron!!

Kelley said...

I'm with you on the gym, why is it so hard??

What steak place did he choose for his birthday?

Can I tell you how much I want Outback right now? Drool...

Miss you!

Lesley said...

Hey sista!

Please forward this message to Cameron for me!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CAMERON...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU!!!!

Geeezzzzzzzz how did he get to be 15 already????????? It seems like he was just 4 about a year ago!! Give Cameron a BIG birthday hug for me :-)

Michelle said...

I may need to make the new gym that is opening out here my new hideaway soon LOL I say go, you'll feel good afterwards. I want that recipe for pork chop stir fry too. That sounds yummy!

Tell Cameron Miss Michelle said happy birthday. I can't believe he's almost GROWN!!!

That was nice of your mom to send him money for his birhtday. My grandmother ALWAYS did that for me too and she always stipulated when I got older DO NOT spend it on something you NEED, spend it on something you WANT. I always enjoyed that. It's funny he chose the steak restaurant. Does it happen to be YOUR favorite? As if we have to ask anymore.

Glad your day went well. I hope things are getting back to normal down that way. Hope the kids are doing well and adjusting since the storms.

Have a good night. I'm about to keep kids so Chrissy can go to back to school night at Caleb's school.

Ronda's Rants said...

Funny about the $25 huh? I hope he has a very Happy Birthday!!!

Karen said...

That is so funny about the check. I think I would have burst out laughing.

Laura said...

Go to the gym! You'll be glad you did! Glad you're stickin' to your diet! I've got to do something after this beach trip. Somehow, trying to loose weight AFTER a beach trip just doesn't make sense!

BBB said...

Whew - I'm glad that Cameron knows his birthday... I was a little worried there :)

Mere said...

I hope you went to the gym! I, myself, HATE the gym, and so does my workout buddy, but we MAKE each other go. That makes things clearer with Cam and the birthday thing. I had a good laugh about the grandma money thing :)

Love, Mere

Insane Mama said...

DO It! Do It! Do It! Go to the gym, you'll be happy tomorrow

Debbie said...

Hi Dawn,

Can you click on my profile and send me an email.

Thanks!

Tam said...

Gym...what an ugly little 3 letter word...in Tam Tam's world...lol

HOPE your night was relaxing! Take CARE!!!

Aunt Julie said...

So, I'm not much of a dieter, I guess. I had 5 or 6 (maybe 7?) Milanos cookies for breakfast this morning. Just not as disciplined as you, I guess! Plus there's that Recipe Week thing going on, too. Got Banana Split Cake going on at my place today--please drop by!

CaraBee said...

Good for you on sticking to the diet! It's like those Queen Latifah ads, it's not about getting down to a size 2, it's about getting to a healthy weight FOR YOU. Me? I'm working on it...slowly.

Jenn said...

good luck with this diet, they are really hard to stick to, especially when we have these busy lives. This post also just showed up today. Hmmm.