Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday

I was very excited when I got on the scale this morning to find that i've lost 4 lbs. this week! It has been forever since i've gotten anywhere with dieting, so I'm extra motivated now! We went to dinner tonight with Cathy & Brent and when we got back, nobody wanted to go work out, so I went by myself! I also gave Cathy a list of fitness classes to pick from and we're going to try that out. Walter & I went to Walmart this morning and I bought a lot of healthy snacks and i'm ready for another week! There are 49 days til our cruise and I am determined to have lost 10 lbs. by then, hopefully 15 lbs. I ordered me a really cute bathing suit for Mother's Day and it's important that it fits me!

We are planning to take my folks to lunch tomorrow for Mother's Day and then after they leave, we will go out on the boat with Cathy & Brent. I look forward to any time that we spend on the boat, so i'm ready! I've got a good tan going on so far and I love that! There is a poker run next weekend that we're inviting some of Walter's co-workers and Cathy & Brent to go with us. That should be a great day!

Friday night i'm going to go to an after graduation get-together at a different Cathy's house with my friend Christine. I'm a little irritated with a person who is going to be there and I would like to know what she'll have to say to me. She moved here from out of state and someone asked me to talk to her about jobs with the school system I work for. In a confidential conversation, I told her about my job, my salary, etc., and several weeks later, a coworker of mine was at a seminar and heard a woman going on & on about how someone new shouldn't be able to get a job like mine and was telling everyone how much I make, etc. and my coworker realized she was talking about me! I sent a message via my friend to the woman and hope she got it. I am interested to see how she will explain herself, or if she will, to someone who was just trying to help her out. A social worker who can't keep things confidential isn't going to make it very far.

Oh well. Nothing much else to say except Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: