1. I would have 100 cats and be the "crazy cat lady" if I was able to pull it off.
2. I was on the extended plan through college - it took me 17 years to graduate.
3. I am terrified of Geckos.
4. I was born on Friday 13th.
5. I have been told so many times that I look like Allie McBeal that it's just plain annoying.
6. My father is mentioned in some Louisiana history books.
7. I was sent home from Girl Scout camp when I was 13 and not allowed to be a girl scout any longer.
And I am tagging YOU!!! So if you want to play, go ahead!!!
That wasn't as easy as it looked! If I provoked any questions, feel free to ask! Now, on to something totally AGGRAVATING!!!!!!! I got an email from my cute little mom, who tends to send me things she gets from friends & family, and this email was to "connect to her" and join Reunion.com. Now, I'm a member of Classmates.com and similar websites, and it was free, so yeah, for my mom, I signed up! Within a minute, I got an email from one of Walter's nieces that said "did you send this to me or is it spam?" Huh? So I look at the email she forwarded, and it's from ME asking HER to "connect to me" and join Reunion.com. Rut Roh. Then I look at my gmail and my spam folder has suddenly got 50 spam emails in it, so I look at them and they were undeliverable attempts to send invitations to join Reunion.com. Then the craziness began. I realized quickly (I'm just smart like that) that Reunion.com had emailed everyone in my address book - over 300 people, businesses, work contacts, etc. I got Walter the Wizard to help me and he researched it to find that it doesn't seem to be a virus - just a way to get your email address book. I changed my gmail password, then bit the bullet and sent an email to EVERYONE in my address book to say DON'T OPEN THAT EMAIL FROM REUNION.COM!!! What a mess. My friend, Dana, emailed me to ask what to do if she joined the site??? She said she didn't have any addresses in her work email account, but that she was using her work account and would be in big trouble if it emailed the entire company. We prayed a bit over that and nobody ever said anything, so we think she was spared!! Anyway, how annoying that people would create programs to do things like this. Hopefully, it's over and done and I wont fall prey to something like this again. And don't you either!!!
I had an all day training at work today, which was about teaching replacement behaviors to kids and it was pretty interesting. I really want to focus on helping kids change their behaviors this year, so I was glad to have some new information. Plus, we went out to eat lunch and that always makes me happy! We went to the Picadilly and I had some really good roast beef! Yum! I am alittle behind in seeing my kids due to being in a meeting all day, so i'm going to try to catch up tomorrow. It is taking me awhile to get all their schedules straight and decide when to pull them from class. I also have to fit a lot of meetings into my schedule, which I didn't have too much of last year, so it is going to be a challenge, but I'm up to it!
Walter & I went to Hilltop tonight with Cathy & Brent. It's not steak night, but Cathy & I got steaks anyway. Tomorrow night Walter & Cathy have to go to the homeowners association board meeting, so we had to move steak night up again, which is fine with me. Hilltop isn't nearly as crowded on Wednesdays as it is Thursday - Friday. If you get there past 6 on one of those days, you will find a 1 - 2 hour wait for food AFTER you've waited 1/2 hour or more for a table! But anyway, it was really good tonight and I am STUFFED!
Well, I lied (not intentionally though) when I said we were going to wait to buy furniture for the porch. Walter was at Lowe's last night and saw some rocking chairs that he liked, so he got 2 and a little matching table. We will wait and get a small sofa set later. We tried the chairs in 2 spots, but I like them best in the 2nd picture where they are facing the river. They are really cute and were only $85 each.

This weekend Walter and his 4 brothers are having a "guys only" weekend in Pass Christian, Mississippi at his oldest brother's camp. I am planning a quiet, do nothing weekend and am excited about that! I don't get many of those weekends. I need to sit down and look at our budget for the month that I don't think is going well, which is probably why I'm ignoring it. I will also probably read blogs for 2 days straight cause i'm really enjoying that lately!!!




21 comments:
Oh boy with the reunion.com stuff. What a pain that is!
Hope your school year goes well and yay on the good training.
By the way, those chairs are adorable!
We have a picadeli in Michigan. I didn't think it was a chain?
Cool!! I did this one already--but...what did you do to get kicked out of the girl scouts?? Or is this a secret going to the grave?? HEHEHE LOL
Hey Sista,
You are gonna have to come up with some more random things about yourself 'cause I already knew all of those!! LOL
Yeah, when I got the reunion.com thingie I was confused because we didn't go to school together! At least it wasn't a virus, that would really have been bad!!
You have sooooo many different things to do at work, and at so many different places!! How in the world do you keep it all straight??? I think that would drive me crazy, lol!
Hey, there is a chance that Mike will have to work for half a day on Saturday. If he does, if you want, maybe we can get together for a little while! Lemme know what ya think :-)
Wow, how annoying that reunion.com stuff is!
I love your new rockers on your porch! You will enjoy those!
Ok, I have to ask..what did you do to get kicked out of girl scouts? lol
Have a great day!!
HI just stopped to say HI and hopefully will be back to stalk you when it is not so crazy around here.
Yeah WHY WHY were you kicked out of girl scouts....we all must know this.
#1 - I would SO be finding the customer service button on Reunion.com's site and complaining BIG TIME.
#2 - YOu can't just drop "sent home from girl scout camp" and not EXPLAIN!!!!!!
Man - i would so love to come hang out with you on your porch this weekend!!!
I hate spam emails. I've also been getting stuff from there and from Tagged, whatever that is. I just delete them.
I LOOOOVE those rocking chairs. I have been dreaming of a house with a porch and nice rocking chairs on it to sit in and relax. Enjoy them :)
The extended plan? lol..... I was on a bit of an extended plan myself! totally curious as to what happened with the girl scouts. Sorry about the spam email thing, those suck. Love the porch chairs!
hi- thanks for stopping by our place this morning. your blog is so cute.. I wanna hear more about this girl scout camp thing!! wow...
Great post! But crazy cat lady? seriously? Friday teh 13th, that is actually pretty cool
spam email or spyware, really pisses me off!
Will have to think on the tagging thing. check in later and see.
Love those rocking chairs! Show us your view of the river sometime! I bet that is so relaxing!
(chanting) girl Scout camp story, girl scout camp story, ......
Left you an award at my blog.....come by and pick it up!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I would like to hear the rest of the girl scout story myself! And yea...I'm on that extended plan myself! *lol*
Reunion.com? I'll be watching out for that one. They're getting tricky w/ the spam crap....making it look like it comes from family! That's nuts!
I love your rocking chairs! How cute!
Just like the other ladies, I'm curious...what got you sent home from Girl Scout camp?
I'm a Crazy Cat Lady, too! I've only got 2 now, but you never know when a stray will pop by! I try to avoid Reunion.com. Don't know anyone I'd wanna see from high school, other than those I'm already still friends with! Are you a teacher? Me, too! We start back w/o the kids next week. Students come the day after Labor Day. Yippee!
Yikes talk about spreading the spam plague! I'm on classmates.com too but I'm not gonna EVER sign up for reunion.com! Btw, those rockers look really inviting. I can just imagine wonderful times there just looking at the river. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Let's visit each other whenever we can :)
I also want to know what happened at Girl Scout camp!
Ok, I'm seconding the motion....how did you get kicked out of girl scout camp.
I have to go over budget and bills this weekend too....if I could afford to get drunk and avoid that I would.
Sounds like you are one busy lady.
Thanks for stopping by today! :)
Thanks for playing!!
Are you getting excited about your New York trip? If you guys go out and about, maybe we'll see you!
Miss you.
Post a Comment