What I'm thankful for:
A strong relationship with God
A wonderful husband who is totally a family man
JP is alive and well
Cameron is a great kid with only minor attitude issues
A great relationship with Elizabeth and her boys
My extended family
Wonderful in-laws
An incredible job
Hard earned degrees
The best friends anyone could want
My dream house
Living on the river
My dream car
Memories that nobody can ever take from me
Being financially secure
Walter's job
My cats
What about you?? What are you thankful for?
And now for the latest news. I can't really say that it's bad news, because I'm not sure that it is. I don't feel like things were ready, and I sure wasn't ready, so maybe God isn't ready. JP's trial has been reset due to the shingles outbreak, as we thought it might be. Unfortunately, any reset ends up being a long way off, so the new trial date is April 24th, 2009. JP's co-defendant signed a plea deal for 40 years in prison and has agreed to testify against JP. The guy is a scary person and I hope he spends each of the 40 years behind bars, and then some.
I went running errands and visiting some friends yesterday. I wanted to see my co-worker's new baby and she is precious!! I visited a little bit, then picked up Landen from Elizabeth at work around lunch time. We stopped to visit my friend, Lesley and her sister, Lauren. We had a a fun visit with them and their kids, plus a few others! Then we came home and ate some delicious potatoe soup that Cameron talked me into making! I cooked it in the crock pot and it was really good! Cameron & Walter did some fishing and this morning are building bird feeders! Walter is making one for a Christmas gift, so Landen wanted to make one for Elizabeth. Here are some pictures. It is hard to ever get Landen to make a normal face! These are the best I could get!

I am taking Landen home in about an hour, then Walter & I are going to dinner with Cathy & Brent. We aren't sure where we're going yet, cause Hilltop is closed!! I'm enjoying my week off a lot. I really haven't done very much, but being lazy is just what I was looking forward to. We are going to Metairie (close to New Orleans) to Walter's youngest brother's house for Thanksgiving, so I didn't have any real pressure to clean the house or anything!! My mom & step-dad are going to Houston for Thanksgiving with my sister now that the trial is off. We were figuring on a late Thanksgiving/early Christmas while we were all in Houston next week.
Have a great Thanksgiving!




13 comments:
What a wonderful "thankful" list. I too am thankful for many of those things....espcially family and friends. :-)
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
HI! I haven't visited here for so long and I missed a lot of ur updates. I better catch up. Anyway, I hope everything turns out good for JP. You all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Landen is a cutie.
Good thoughts for JP.
What a great Thanksgiving list. We do have so much to be thankful for.
I am sorry that you are still in limbo about JP, but maybe this is what you need for the attorney to have the strongest defense possible. Especially if the other guy is going to testify against him. This gives the attorney extra time to tear his testimony apart.
Keep us posted and have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
Love your thankful list.
Doing a little visiting while everyone is still asleep.
Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
Hugs and blessings,
Renie
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too :D
I love your thankful list. I'm thankful for modern technology and the fact we met over 10 years ago. I love the pictures of you and Landen. He has grown so much. Hope you have a good day with Walter's family. Happy Thanksgiving.
happy thanksgiving. Hope your day turned out lovely.
Happy Thanksgiving, girlfriend! I'm thankful for my family, my health, and to have Bloggy Friends like you!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Like your LIST.....sorry about the delay for Jp...hang in there! HOPE you had a very relaxed Thanksgiving!!!!
That is such a wonderful list. I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving. Landen is darling. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment