I've still been feeling sick since earlier in the week, but fortunately am getting my voice back. I slept until 11 this morning, which is rare for me, but I could tell I was running a low fever, so I just enjoyed a lazy morning. Walter & I went to Subway for lunch when I got up and I've just been resting this afternoon.
I went to dinner with 3 of my friends from high school last night, Gail, Tracy, & Holli. We went to Chili's and had a really fun time. We have so many memories to laugh and talk about. It was really nice to see them and hopefully it wont be too long before I can see them again.
Work has been going good. I've been busy with meetings and that doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. It's been hard to get to see all of my kids since I'm out of the office so much, but I'm managing. The kids were relatively good this week and not so many suspensions to deal with. Even better -no new referrals!! I'm still trying to get permission to see all of the new ones over the last few weeks.
I haven't talked to JP but I did learn yesterday that the co-defendant accepted a plea for 40 years in prison Wednesday! I totally think the guy deserves it and am glad that a truly dangerous person will remain off the streets. He has served time in the past for armed robbery & manufacturing drugs, among other things and is a bad guy. JP is a good guy with no past record and I really hope that a jury will see things that way. He was also offered a plea deal for 40 years again this week and the attorney is out of town, but sending someone from her team to ask JP about it. He's had that offer several times and I know that he wont take it, and I don't think he should. It's his decision, but I hope he sticks with having a trial. The attorney said with a 4o year sentence, he would likely only serve 20 years. It's all numbers to them. I told her if he calls, I'll pass the offer on.
Tomorrow is our 7 year anniversary! We have been waiting for this anniversary to pass because both of our 1st marriages ended at 7 years!! But, no danger of that here!! We are going to go to dinner to celebrate tonight if I'm feeling better. We are also taking my mom & step-dad to lunch tomorrow for my step-dad's birthday and to celebrate our anniversary, so I'm looking forward to that.
My oldest nephew's baby is due today, but so far, no news. They are expecting a girl and I just hope they will be good parents. His other baby is pretty much taken care of by the mom (different girl than the new baby) and my sister with no support from my nephew. I really hope that my sister isn't left with this baby as much as she is the older one. She has him 2 - 3 days every week. He's 1 and as much as she loves him, it's hard to manage. She's already dropped out of graduate school that she worked so hard to get into this semester. But, it's her choice and this is what she chooses, so who am I to say anything?? Anyway, I hope the new baby is ok and that her parents will take full responsibility for her!!
Have a good weekend and see you when I can!!




14 comments:
Hey, Dawn! I've missed your posts and I hope you get to feeling better soon! BTW, Happy Anniversary to you and Walter! Prayers to JP.
I thought maybe you weren't feeling so good, so much going around.
Happy Anniversary!!
Have a good weekend.
I wish you a very happy anniversary!! Enjoy :-)
I have been thinking about JP and hope all turns out well.
i know how you feel about blogging. I am so glad to hear you are feeling better and woohoo on the 7th anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary. :D
Blogging is an interesting thing isn't it?? You get hooked but then life gets in the way and then you don't have much to say....
Keep us up to date about how everythings going.
Was wondering where you were. Glad you are feeling a little better. Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary to you!! Continuing to pray for JP.
I have got the same thing! I got a flu shot over a week ago and I think it may have made me sick. Friday I couldnt even talk!I hope your doing better now. Dont stop blogging! I always enjoy your comments and reading your posts!!
Happy 7th anniversay and happy no 7yr itch this time!
Keep us posted if Jp accepts or denies the offer. 20 yrs, 40 yrs...both a lotta years!!!
Hope your feeling bettere. I admire the fact that your honest! X.
I have a way to get you out of your Bloggy Funk! Please don't forget Sx3 today...we have a VERY timely snap for ya!
Happy anniversary!
I agree that blogging shouldn't be a chore. Sometimes it feels that way to me, but that's if I wait until the day to write a post. I generally write several posts at a time, several days in advanced. If I feel like I'm on a deadline, it's not pleasurable.
Man, time flies. I can not believe you and Walter have been married 7 years. Congratulations!!!! Here's to 7 more and beyond.
Girl you got the Bloggers Blues! We all go through it! Some times that is why I just have recipes or nothing for days at a time!!
HOPE your week is going great!
Post a Comment