Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday night

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a week! Not too much has been going on. I had a really busy week leading up to having a week off for Thanksgiving. I am SO glad for the week off and plan to really enjoy it!

Today, I cooked vegetable beef soup in the crockpot and we had that for dinner. It actually came out pretty good! I have never made it before, so I was glad. Tomorrow, we are having some friends over for gumbo, so I'm excited about that and getting the house cleaned up.

I have heard from JP a few times lately. He is doing good. He called me tonight to say that someone in his "tank" was found to have shingles and the rest of them are on quarantine for 21 days. He is worried about what that will mean for the trial because they said the inmates can only leave the tank for an attorney visit or to go home (too bad you can't just pick that one!) I emailed his attorney tonight to see what that will mean for the trial.

I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping and I'm glad about that! I don't have nearly as much to buy this year because my family wants to just buy gift for the kids/grandkids and I'm fine with that. I've also been shopping for the family I chose to help with Christmas this year. I always collect money and help a working family that is having trouble making ends meet, and that is a nice feeling!

I'll try to come back sooner!! I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Tam said...

I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING.

We are all sick here...so just plugging along and trying to get over this stuff that we keep passing to each other....lol

Karen said...

Good to hear from you again. I have been very busy as well and have not been able to post all the stuff I have wanted to.
I'm glad you have heard from JP. I hope he doesn't get shingles. I hear they terrible. UGH.

Tracy P. said...

I wish you could talk to my family and get them to just buy presents for the kids. Gifts are not my love language! :-)

BBB said...

Oh Jesus PLEASE don't let shingles mess up this court date - unless it's for some way that will make things work out better for JP in the end.

or.. you would just do your will, which we know is best...

You pick :)

tiki_lady said...

shingles aren't really that contagious. I'm glad your christmas shopping is almost over. I haven't commented in awhile. Life is still busy. But, I have some time and am trying to get caught up on everyone.

Nonnas News said...

How nice to have a week off! I wish I had the week off, I'd get my tree up and do some holiday baking, but I have to work!:(
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Frizzy said...

Ugh! Shingles can be soooo painful. I'll keep your son in my prayers that he doesn't catch them. I'm shocked they would take a risk in exposing him. Could you talk to them about that? Esp. if it may impact the outcome of his court hearing.
I also posted on how we are choosing to give this season. I love to hear how others serve during the holidays and year round.

Aunt Julie said...

Wow, a whole WEEK off for Turkey Day? Can I just share how JEALOUS I am? You should contribute that soup recipe...we're sharing them over at my place!

MBKimmy said...

I am here - I am sorry i have been missing you - we are ALL sick - yes ALL of us ... it has really really sucked - I am still praying for JP and you ... if you can spare any extra prayers for our health please send them my way!

Amy said...

I have been pretty slack in blogging too. Working, holidays, and everything just takes up so much time.

have a good Thanksgiving :D