Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Steak night!!!

It's steak night!! The night of the week that gets me through all the others anticipating steak night at Hilltop! It is truly the best restaurant i've ever been to and I could eat there every night! Walter and I went by ourselves tonight due to Cathy's car trouble, but went by Cathy & Brent's later for a drink.

I had a dentist appointment this morning to get a crown and let me tell you...that was fun!! I had 2 appointments scheduled this month and I thought I was just going for a cleaning today! Surprise!! Afterwards, me & my friend, Kelley had lunch at Calender's and then visited our friend, Jan, who is now hospital bound until her twins are born. Kelley and I were both social work interns at the same hospital, so we managed to visit with several of our former supervisors while we were there. We both enjoyed interning at "Better Beginnings" which was a Medicaid clinic for pregnant women and found out recently that the clinic was shut down. It is a real shame and the effects of that decision are already affecting the hospital. Women are showing up to deliver babies and have had no prenatal care and rather than Medicaid paying for visits to the clinic and doctor, they will pay rates for the Assessment Center, which is an emergency room!

Miracles do happen! I saw this story in People magazine about Elizabeth Smart. I was so fascinated with her case and just knew she would never be found alive. I am glad she is sharing her story to help other people. She really is a miracle. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20205956,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

My friend, Michelle, asked about our cruise T-shirts, so here they are:

So anyway, I went to PetSmart today to pick up some kitten food and while I was there, asked the veterinarian about medicine to use for kittens with diarrhea. When kittens go from nursing to eating food, it is common, but could also be caused by parasites, so I wanted to ask about it. After talking to the vet for a few minutes, she said that she was so happy that I was helping the kittens that she would see them all 5 for free and would only charge me to do some testing on 1 of them to see if they need medicine!! Yay! Now, if I could just find a solution for the 4 cats outside. They are starving and need to be taken somewhere, but the animal shelter that would take them is a "kill shelter" and if they aren't adopted soon, they will be put to sleep. I'm determined to avoid that if possible. I did get 1 call today about the kittens, but the lady wanted a female Siamese to breed with her male Siamese. Thankfully, I don't have one of those and don't want any extra kittens being produced on purpose!!! I am hoping for more calls this weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm hungry just thinking about your "steak night" LOL Sounds so good! Your cruise T-shirts are so cute! I can't wait to see your pics when you get back...not much longer now! yay!

Michelle said...

I like the cruise shirts. Can't wait to see all of the pictures of the big Lundin family. I know you are so ready to be there!