Then, I brought the kittens to the vet at PetSmart for a check up and some medicine for their diarrhea. They are all fine - no worms, parasites, etc. and I got some medicine to clear up the problem in their tummies. As I was leaving, a lady asked if she could have one of them and ended up taking 2!! She seemed to really love animals and already had all of the supplies she needs at home for them. She assured me that they are going to a great home and will be loved! She took a gray one and a white one. I've also had 4 calls today from other people wanting to come see the kitties, so things are looking good!
And to top my lucky day off, Landen wanted to come spend the night, so I picked him up on my way home from PetSmart. Elizabeth wanted me to watch Mack too, but I politely declined and just visited him while I was picking Landen up! I love him, but I just don't have the energy for a 1 year old for more than a few hours, not to mention that I can't really spend any time with Landen when I'm chasing Mack all over the house. Landen was such a laid back toddler and it was always so easy to keep him anytime. We got home too late to go swimming because the sun was going down, but here is a picture of Landen anticipating our swim in the morning!
Walter is the president of our neighborhood homeowners association and had to go to court today due to a resident refusing to pay his dues! My friend, Cathy, is the secretary of the association, so she went too, along with a couple of other board members. They have placed liens on several houses after repeatedly asking the residents to pay current and back dues. This one guy says he doesn't have to pay, but i'm betting the judge will rule in the board's favor. I could see if our dues were high, but they are $40 per lot per year.My brother-in-law, Tommy was released from the hospital today and is waiting for some test results and diagnoses regarding his dizziness that still hasn't gone away. He & his wife are having to cancel their cruise plans, so that is sad to me, but whatever is best for them is the right thing to do. I also think my neighbor came home today after her heart surgery on Monday. We will have to go by and check on them later. Leon told me he did not need us to send any gumbo over there, so we didn't, but I will check with Lou and see what she thinks!
So, i'm off to watch SpongeBob Squarepants and maybe have a glass of wine! I hope everyone has a great weekend!




4 comments:
Landen looks like he can't wait to go swimming! That is too cute! Yay for the lady taking 2 kitties today...that's good news! I'm excited about your student getting braces too AND getting to go to Blue Bayou?! Woohoo!
That is awesome news about the little boy being able to get his braces AND Blue Bayou!! Isn't it amazing how God puts people in our lives at just the right moment?? I'm proud of you for doing all the you do to help those little kids, they are truly blessed to have someone like you in their corner!!
Yeaaaahhh thats cool that you came across someone who really wanted those two kitties!! You should win a community helper award, if there even is such a thing!!
That's a bummer about Tommy and his wife not getting to go on the cruise with the rest of you. But, like you said, his health is more important. I hope they are able to find out soon what is causing the dizziness!
Is it just me, or do doctors/hospitals discharge people from the hospital entirely too fast these days????? Your neighbor just had HEART surgery Monday, and she is home already???? Thats so nice of y'all to check on them... I'm sure they really appreciate it!!
Oh, and have fun with Landen and give him a big hug for me :-)
Friday the 13th was definitely in your favor as well as others yesterday. That's wonderful about the little boy and his braces. His self esteem just boosted 110% I know. I couldn't be more proud of you for researching this and finding just what this child needed. God has definitely put you where you need to be in life and career. That's extremely nice of the doctor to do that with his patients. I'm sure they have a geat time.
Exciting about the kittens. I figured they would get loving homes quickly once they were seen. Too precious not to want one. Glad everything was okay taking them to the vet and that nothing is wrong.
Will keep your brother in law in my prayers for recovery and a good diagnosis. Hate they are having to miss the cruise though.
That's ashamed that people don't want to be cooperative and pay their dues like that. It's not a huge amount by any means. People will try to get out of doing anything they are supposed to these days. If they want to live in that wonderful environment, they need to do their part and what's right.
Take lots of pics of Landen swimming. He'll have fun. You're like me with the one on one time. I love all the kids so much, but it's easier if you have specific plans or ideas to just have one. Claudia insists on it at times. Cayden and Addie are the easiest out of all of them to be honest.
You'll get a laugh out of this, but a few nights ago Chrissy came to pick up Claudia and I was coming back from across the way at my neighbors with Claudia lagging behind. Cayden yelled "Mama, Chelle's in the street, do NOT run over her! LOL That's my boy, always the comical one!
Post a Comment