Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Freaky Friday

Let me just say that I try to keep my blog upbeat, fun, and positive and don't want to turn it into a place to complain or have a negative tone to it, but with that said, I just have to say that next door (at the bad cat house) there is a freak on the roof! The neighbors have had their son (or some sort of relative) re-roofing their house ALONE for the last couple of months. He shows up when they go get him, because he can't drive due to his DWI offenses, and is doing the work because he owes the people so much money (they have a talkative granddaughter who tells me things she shouldn't) and generally starts banging on the roof outside of my bedroom window at 6:30 am. If that isn't enough to really make me mad, he sings really loudly and gets on his cell phone and talks so loud that I can hear every word he says. Well, this morning at 6:30 am, I wake up to find that there is a freak on the roof again! And i'm sure he's here for the whole weekend. Lovely!

I had to make an executive decision about the Houston trip. I haven't heard back from JP for sure if he can have visitors this weekend, Cameron isn't feeling good, I have 5 kittens that I don't want to have to ask Walter to take care of all weekend and they need to be handled a lot, and I'm feeling stressed about going under these circumstances, so I think I will postpone the trip until June 20th. If I don't go, my friend, Kelley's going away party is tonight and my friend, Jessica's baby shower is Saturday, so depending on how Cameron is feeling, I might be able to make those events.

Today is my nephew, Tyrone's, 25th birthday! He is the one on the far right in the picture, the African American young man. My sister, Donna, raised Ty since he was about 13 years old. He was a friend of her kids and from what I understand, was the child of a mother who was 12 when he was born. He was put in special education for a disability check, he says, and was never taught anything at all. When we first met him, he was living alone in an abandoned house, was in legal trouble, and could not read or write at all. Donna took him in and he lived with her until a couple of years ago, including moving from Baton Rouge to Houston with her. He lives near her with his girlfriend now. This young man is so inspiring to me. He really had nothing and should have just ended up living his life in and out of jail. Donna spent a lot of time and money teaching him and getting tutors for him. He reads and writes now, probably on a 5th or 6th grade level, but it is enough to be able to function in the world. He is currently a boxer trying to go pro. Cameron & Ty are very close and Cameron told me when he was young that Ty was the nicest person he knows. That means a lot coming from a child. The other boys in the picture are: my great-nephew, Elijah, my nephew, Colin, my nephew, Justin, and my son, Cameron during our visit to Houston for Easter. I'm posting below something Ty wrote on myspace and I love to read it, even in his mispelled words, because he wrote it and can read and write well enough to write it, and it shows the lessons he has learned in his life.

i have a drem to be come one of the best boxer. my life has not been one of the best but i made the best of it. to have a dream is to have hope. ther are time i wont to give up but you cant give up on your dream. i been at this boxing for a long time like about 6 to 7 yeas. im 24 yeas old a man that will not give up for noting. coming up in the hood ant no fun or game at all but you have to be on top of ypur game at all time.you have to work hard for what you wont. ant no one going to give to you. you get to get out ther and get it. i dont have it now like i wont it but one day i wil. some one sad to me if you dont work hard it dont work out. so i cant sleep on noting at all. i have to be the king of the ring and fill like i'm just like ali on top of the world as one of the best. so if you have a dream don't give up on it are sleep on it. if you don't try you don't know if you can mack it. so keep hope ,keep working hard and don't give up on noting...... p.s keep god alway in your life . be you if they like you are not but be frindy.
So anyway, Happy birthday to Ty! Donna & I are chipping in to get him a piece of boxing equipment that he wants for his birthday. He is truly a remarkable young man and an inspiration to me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's ashame about the guy next door doing all of that so early in the morning. I would be quite peeved myself and would probably end up saying something. I know there's a line with neighbors but enough is enough sometimes.

Sorry Cameron isn't feeling so well. Some rest and TLC from mom should help him today. I know you wanted to go to Houston, but if you haven't heard anything, that's a long road trip to find out for sure and then possibly not get to see him. I think I would wait too. Sounds like you have enough to keep you going this weekend with the shower, party, kitties. Hope your day gets better.