Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Walter & I got up at 4am to make the mystery cat drop at a place that is known to find homes for pets and does not put them to sleep. It was easier than I thought to get them into the carriers I bought and harder than I thought to actually leave them at the place, but we did it at about 5am. The cats have been suffering with no food and water, so anything will be better than that, plus they will get much needed medical care. Hopefully, they will find loving homes that they all deserve. The place we brought them was an hour from our house! I was feeling bad on the way home and Walter reminded me how much trouble i've gone through to do this the right way, when I could have just brought them to the animal shelter down the street that would have put them to sleep before long...and keep in mind...they aren't even our cats!!!!

Then, I had to go to the dentist to get my temporary crown fixed at 8:30 this morning. Something made a hole in the crown and my tooth was hurting a lot last night and anytime I ate anything. I could probably just suffer until my appointment to get the permanent crown, but I am not going to be dealing with a toothache on the cruise, so I went another hour to Baton Rouge and got myself fixed up!

I am going to dinner with my friend, Kelly, tonight at Albasha!! She is interviewing for one of the jobs in my office so we are going to talk about some work issues before her interview. I am dying to know who will end up getting hired. I'm sure some people other than my friends are interviewing, so I'm anxious to know! My boss told me the other day that she has a lot of good candidates and it will be hard to narrow them down to 2!

Walter has an emergency homeowners board meeting tonight with the board members and the fire chief because our new fire department that is supposed to be built on the end of our street now may be in the process of planning to build it somewhere ON our street. Yikes. That's all we need is to have fire trucks and volunteer fire fighters flying up and down the road. Our entire subdivision is 3 miles long - 1 street - and I just can't see how this would be a good idea. There is a meeting tomorrow night with the fire department and depending on how the meeting goes tonight, we may have to go, which would mean missing steak night! I am not amused!!! You can take anything you want away from me, but don't take my steak night!!!!

So anyway, it's just a quiet day around here today. I may take a nap or go for a swim, or both! I have to clean the house so the housekeeper can come tomorrow!! Walter says we should just leave her a check at the front door because I always clean up before she comes, but really, I have to get all the junk picked up around the house so that she can clean & mop, so I promise i'm leaving the hard work for her!!

1 comment:

ISABELLA'S PAGE said...

Did you drop the cats off someplace close to Denham Springs? I was curious because I had 2 cats we adopted from a Vet/animal Shelter that I thought was close to Denham Springs. I did an early morning drop off myself on their front door after they both sprayed my closet, my bathroom, and my dirty clothes. I wish I felt remorse as you did but under the circumstances.. I didn't. lol