Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Worn out Wednesday!!!

Nah, it really wasn't that bad, just that I'm not used to having small kids in the house and especially ones who don't listen very well and fight all the time. Yikes!! But, i've been around these kids since they were born and they pretty much know I don't put up with all that and they don't push me too far. Emily (13) and Ava (5) have been angels and are very pleasant to have around. Payton (8) and Camille (7) are so mean to each other and fight all the time that it's difficult to have them here together, but we managed. I even let the best behaved two pick where they wanted to sleep and that left Payton & Camille sleeping in a room together, but they did ok. Did I mention that Payton got up at 5:30am? Yikes. My kids at least slept until 7ish (don't get up til you see the sun!!!) and Landen and Mack will easily sleep until 9, so I'm a little spoiled there. So anyway, they swam a lot, fished with Walter, went for a boat ride, ate pizza, made all sorts of crafts, watched a movie, and were in bed for 10pm. I will be loading them all in the car around 11 to head home, which is over an hour from here.









My birthday is August 13th and I have decided what I want: the new IPhone 3G!! I am eligible for an upgrade on my AT&T cellular account, so I can get the 16GB white IPhone for $299. I am not one to buy all the latest gadgets and have never even used an IPhone, but I just plain want one!! I still have to see what the monthly service costs because i'm hearing different things, but so far, this is my plan!

My diet is going great! I ate the cheese & topping off the kids' pizza last night and it was SO good!! I cooked a Bubba burger later and really wasn't hungry at all. I have decided to treat myself to a bowl of that Bluebell Candy Jar ice cream when I lose 4 more pounds and then, with only a couple more to lose, I will get off the really strict phase of Atkins and just work on eating less carbs and maintaining my weight. I feel really good and have to say there is nothing bulging out of my clothes anywhere!

Walter has a board meeting tonight, so I will be all alone (in a QUIET house!) and will probably just relax and play on my computer or read a book. I have certainly earned it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house sounds manic! I am going crazy with just one in the house.

Congrats on the diet, I always fail because the minute I lose two pounds I think I am invincible and can eat anything and then I gain six!

Lesley said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh all of you survived!!!!! I can relate to kids that don't listen very well and insist on fighting all the time. Sounds like the kids I babysit, LOL!!

The pictures are great and it looks like the kids really had a blast!! Yikes... Payton got up at 5:30 am?????????? Were you able to get him to go back to bed, or did you get up too??

Thats cool that you want to get the IPhone 3G. What does the "3g" mean??? I am so NOT a techy, gadgety person it's unreal... but you know that already, LOL!! I say get it... lawd knows you deserve it!!!

Kelley said...

It looks like it was fun!! I hope that you get some nice rest tonight! I miss you!

BBB said...

Okay - can we take all those pictures and just replace the kids with me? Cause that looks like an AWESOME day (okay... not the one of the kid on walter's lap - that would be inappropriate)

Enjoy your evening of peace and quiet!!!

(And I'm GREEN about your Iphone!!!)

Tam said...

Congrats on surviving! LOL LOL Kids are fun but I will say that my boys also like to sleep late and did not wake up until....oooo 10:30 this morning! I am so lucky! Great PICTURES....hey you fire place in the pictures with the white cabinet looks amazing! Did you hubs built it or your buy it??? just wondering I was checking Pottery Barn for a similar look.

Well off to fix dinner...hmmm fun...sushi? peanut butter and jelly? pasta? Yeah not for me I am on a 1200 diabetic calorie diet! IT is killing me!