Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Friday!!

I went and ordered my IPhone today and I am so excited!!! Nobody has them in stock and it will take 10 - 21 days to come in, which should work out with my August birthday!! I watched a 30 minute video on all of the features of the phone and it is incredible! I can't wait to get it! Happy birthday to me!!!

Walter & our neighbor, Allen, are working hard this morning on our screened porch! It is really going to make a difference, not to mention, make it possible to actually sit on the porch when we want to. Between birds slamming into the window (yes, that still happens daily), mosquitos, bugs, and the weather, it is really unpleasant to try to sit out there. Also, my cats will be able to go out on the porch and soak up some sun. We are going to get some white rocking chairs to put out there and that is really going to look nice. I'll take some pictures of what they get done today.
I called the court in Harris County, TX this morning and JP's co-defendant's attorney is apparently dying and has to be reappointed, so that trial is reset, but I don't know the date yet. If it's after JP's trial, I could care less what happens, but if he is tried first, I will have someone there to know what is going on. It would have been nice if both trials really happened in the summer while i'm off of work, but as usual, I just deal with it as it comes. Something really weird that the court man told me is that they don't even know which trial will start on the day one is scheduled. He said there will be 4 or 5 scheduled and when the attorneys show up, they all go in a back room with the judge and he decides which one is most ready to start. Yikes. JP's attorney is top notch and has a great relationship with the court, so maybe that will help us somehow.

I am very proud of myself for saving some money today!!! I was looking at new planners yesterday because mine is expiring and thought about trying to find an online planner that would work good for me. Walter suggested I try google's calendar, so I did, and I LOVE it!! I can access it online and print it if I need to! And it will automatically update birthdays & things for me. Yeah!

Questions & Comments:

Hilltop closes a couple of times a year so that they can take a vacation! It is a family run restaurant and I guess they don't think their employees can manage without them or maybe want to give everyone a vacation?? They also randomly close when they have family events (like graduations, wedding receptions) at the restaurant. Must be nice!!

Thanks to everyone for the comments on my bookcases. They aren't actually white, but a cream color that matches the trim in our house as well as our kitchen appliances. Here is a picture of the kitchen.
I hope you all have a nice Friday!!


3 comments:

Tam said...

Love that huge Kitchen!!!!! OOO love it!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!!

Kelley said...

I love Google calendar, but I still have my little one I keep in my purse. I guess it goes along with my OCD tendencies. I hope you have a good weekend!

Mere said...

hey girl!
Camp is amazing! Congrats on the iphone! My birthday is on the 28th. I have a while ! I can't post to my blog, Long story..glad to hear you're doing well :) miss you too !! Oh but I can reply to email now! Andbi can read logs and surf the net but I have no time!! LOL

Love mere