Monday, July 21, 2008

Manic Monday

Walter & I had a blast on the boat yesterday with his friends & their son. We spent several hours on the river, Jim & his son went tubing behind the boat a couple of times, and went to eat at Swamp Water's Restaurant on the river. After we got home, Cathy & Brent stopped by and we all had some ICE CREAM because I totally blew my diet Saturday at my brother-in-laws house, so I bought some Bluebell CANDY JAR ice cream and we all pigged out, and now i'm back on my diet! It sure was good! Here is a picture of Jim & his son tubing:

I had to go to an all day training at work today and got home around 3pm. I discovered 2 incidents of trouble with Cameron (14) while at his friend's house and had to deal with that when I got home today since Cameron is back from his dad's. One of the incidents was DRINKING on July 4th when he spent the night with friends, and the other, I can't say what it is because of the "eyes that can see" in the blogging world, but it was something that could get the 3 boys in big trouble. I spent the afternoon talking with his dad, someone in the community who could give me some idea of what to do, and with Walter. I have instructed Cameron to have the other 2 boys' moms call me (they should tell their mom first if they are smart) and we'll see what to do. We are thinking some community service work JUST for starters! Cameron is a GREAT kid and has never gotten in trouble for anything, so I think it's his friend's older brother & friends that are causing a negative influence PLUS just being a teenager and making decisions on his own and under the influence of peer pressure. I have permanently banned him from that kids house, where there seems to be no supervision and Cameron's dad actually agreed to do the same, so that is do-able for me. I think my blood pressure is way up tonight!

I found out at our training today that our school assignments haven't been decided yet! I really just want to know!!!! I really don't mind what schools I'm at, but I am ready to get ready in my brain to get started!! I have to go to the 2nd day of the training tomorrow and then i'm free for a few more days!!

My brain is exhausted today, so I am logging off the computer! I didn't even get a NAP during the meeting and i've gotten used to napping! LOL

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day today Sista. We do our best to protect our kids and the older they get the harder it seems. Cameron is a great kid from what I know so hopefully he'll understand your reasoning behind banning him from hanging with certain kids. It's for his own good. I had a similar issue with Caleb associating with kids who in the long run could really cause him problems, but in the end he realized it was better for him to not hang out with them. They might get mad at us for telling them who they can or can't associate with, but we're doing our part. I hope things turn out for the best and those other kids do the right thing and talk to their parents. I'm glad Cameron's dad is helping out with supporting whatever needs to happen.

I'm sure the not knowing which schools you'll work at is unsettling in a sense. I know you like to plan ahead if you can and be organized. Hopefully you will find that out really soon. So, does this training mean you are officially back at work for the school year or will you still get some down time to enjoy?

The visit with friends sounds like fun yesterday. You deserved that ice cream too Sista! You have done really well with that diet, so reward yourself when you feel like it. I'll have to try that flavor. I love most Blue Bell flavors.

Tam said...

I so HOPE you have a better TUESDAY. Will be sending GREAT thoughts your way while you are in class!!!!

Unknown said...

Cameron IS such a great kid and I'm glad that you found out what happened! I'm sure he will learn from this. We had a similar thing happen with Dylan's girlfriend earlier this year. Hang in there sista!

I meant to tell you that he looks really handsome without his braces! I bet he loves having them off. They look so uncomfortable!

Lesley said...

I need some of that ice cream!! Yummmm-o!! We blew our diets too over the weekend and are having a tough time getting back on track, uuggghhhhhh!!! Looks like y'all had a great time on the boat!! I'm scared to get IN the water though, snakes and all other kinds of little critters live there!!!

I am so sorry that happened with Cameron. I know you and I know that you were NOT AMUSED, to put it extremely mildly. You are absolutely doing that right thing. Cameron is an AWESOME kid and like you said has never given you any problems at all, but he needs to know that there are serious consequences for behavior like that. This world is a crazy place to raise kids in these days, and he is lucky to have a mom like you who is so aware of what he is doing. I so happy that you talked to Neil and that he agrees with you to ban Cameron from that friend's house. It's best for everyone that y'all found out what was going on sooner rather than later. Cameron might not be happy about it now, but when he is older I think he will truly appreciate it. Give him a hug for me!!

Hasn't Walter finished that machine that we asked him to build years ago????????? You know, the one that freezes them until they are about 21!!!!!!!! Hurry up Walter, we really NEED that machine now :-)

BBB said...

Good for you for taking action. SO many parents just don't nip this stuff in the bud when they can, and then they end up on episodes of "Intervention" in 5 years wondering what went wrong...

ISABELLA'S PAGE said...

It is so hard to believe school is about to start! I know you'll get back in the swing and have a great school year.

Glad ya'll had fun on the river. That looks awesome!

I'm VERY proud of how you are handling Cameron's situation. He is at the age where he wants to be an adult but doesn't always make the best decisions. There is a bright side to this, kids need to learn from mistakes. Teenage boys and girls are transitioning into adulthood and it's a tough time dealing with peer pressure, self-esteem, and raging hormones. I truly believe if you can allow kids to fall and help them learn from it then the less likely they will make mistake later in life where it really hurts them. Cameron is a good kid and learning these tough lessons early will definitely help in down the road.

Kelley said...

I hope that today goes well. It sounds like yesterday was pretty rough, so I hope that your week gets better. Good luck with everything! I'm thinking about you guys!

Tam said...

HOPING your Tuesday is going GOOD! JuST stalked by to say HI

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your hands full there! Hope you have a better week.