I forgot to mention in my post this morning that I was awoken to the phone ringing. It was my neighbor, Leon (the neighbor on the good side) who is way too involved in our lives. He & his wife are an older couple, just wonderful people, who would do anything for us. They have a large family, but never had kids, so I kind of get the feeling that we seem to them like the kids they never had. And that's great, as long as they (he) can stay out of my personal life and just be neighborly - bringing each other food or keeping up with each other's houses when we go on vacation, sitting outside and having a chat in the evenings, that sort of thing. Walter is not at all bothered by Leon's over-involvement in our lives. And when I say over-involvement, I mean things like telling all the delivery people who come to leave things at my house to leave it at his (even when i'm home), cutting my grass if he doesn't like the way Cameron cut it, hollering out the door to me if I go to check the mail and the carrier hasn't come yet (SHE AINT COME YET!!!), going into my mailbox and getting my mail some days, then bringing it to my door, searching in all of my windows for me if I don't answer the door when he knocks, coming over to tell me every car that came to my house while I was gone and why they were there (yes - he will ask - example: Leon: "your ex-husband don't like me too much," me: "how does he know you?" Leon, "well I said something today when he dropped your boy off.") and just this sort of daily intrusive type of thing. I park in the garage so he doesn't know if i'm home or not. I am just a private person when i'm home and I like to be left alone. I don't need extra parents (have some already, thank you) and I'm not looking to adopt any grandparents. We even have to go over there to tell them if something is going to happen, like if a housekeeper or repairman will be coming here, because he will come over here and say something to them. So anyway, this morning while I was sound asleep, he called at 8:00am to tell me that I forgot to take my garbage out. :::::::BLINK BLINK BLINK:::::::: Seriously??? And he doesn't even use the same garbage service we use, so his garbage comes a different day. And I was up late with Stacy & Bryce here, so I was planning to take it out today since it doesn't come until NOON. And if we missed it, so what really??? And when I did take it out, he came out and said, "girl you better get that garbage out!!" Oh man! I may have reached my limit!!!
6 comments:
O my I have never had a neighbor like that....we just do not talk at all to ours. In fact for almost a year now I did not even Know that MY neighbor had 3 sons. I thought they only had 2...LOL LOL O and on the other side....I d not even know their last names! LOL LOL LOL It may be the south but my entire street are transplanted to the south so not to friendly here. Everyone is also Military so no since in getting attached....we will all be moving sooner than later anyway.
I had one of those back in Minnesota... it was supposedly supposed to make me feel "safer" that he was watching my house, but in reality it creeped me out.
Neighbors are particular things. I have good neighbors in that they don't really interfere in our lives. We are sort of like Tam. Besides first names we don't really know each other. In fact, I just met one of our neighbors this past weekend because Shirley brought a gift over for the baby. We've lived here for almost 3 years...lol However, my neighbor bob knows everything about our coming and goings. He freaks me out sometimes on information he knows. Their house always looks like no one is home. So it's sort of creepy that he knows stuff about what we are doing.
OMG that would drive me nuts. Imagine living around a bunch of them like I do. They watch everything that goes on, know whose cars are here, etc. It's nerve racking by all means.
I think him going through your mail box and all of that is way over the limit. I know he probably means well in the things he says and does, but he's going overboard it sounds like. I guess chalk it up to them being older and not having much else to do.
That is creepy and would totally bother me. If the other stuff didn't cross a line, I think that sure did! Good luck with that!
OMGosh! It is funny hearing the story, but honestly, that "close" of a neighbor would drive me right out of my mind!! You have my sympathy!
Post a Comment