Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back for another day...

I could talk about Casey Anthony, but i'm not, well, not for long anyway. Casey is going to have to answer to God for what she did or did not do. I don't see how her family will let her back in the house after all that has transpired, but i'm not gonna judge anyone. She wouldn't be welcome in my house...just sayin.

Did I mention that we got a new kitty named Baby? She is about 10 weeks old and cute as she can be. My friend, Lesley's cat had kittens and I decided it was a good time to get a new playmate for Binky the closet kitty so that he will leave GoGo the giant kitty alone. The first couple of weeks were a rough adjustment for the cats, but they are all getting along well now. Baby is extremely attached to me in a cute and annoying kind of way. I am taking her to get her shots tomorrow, a first step in getting her spayed and declawed. I wont miss those sharp claws at all! Here is a picture of her and one of her and my grandson, Landen (9) playing.




I had lunch today with Lesley & a friend of hers, Cindy, who I have not met before. We both work in the same school system, so it was nice to finally meet her. We went to Philay's and it was delicious! I am trying to eat a low-carb diet, so I had grilled chicken with cheese & bacon and some marinated crab claws...yum!! Anyway, here is a picture, but please keep in mind that we were in a bad position and Lesley is not actually a giant.


Walter & I bbq'd steaks tonight and i've been trying to tackle the "closet cleaning" project that i've had on the back burner. Nothing too exciting...just enjoying the laziness of summer!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Tam said...

HI...I have been in Va for a month. LOL LOL Glad to see you blogging again. It is always nice to come back to the blog.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Gosh, Dawn, I thought you had stopped blogging. Quite by accident I see you are still here. I think of you often and wondered how things worked out for your son. Guess I will have to take a few and read back and catch up. I think the last I read you were cleaning up storm damage a couple of years ago.
BTW, I was a bit surprised with the outcome of the Casey Anthony trial myself.
Hope you find a minute to come visit me again.